Submission of Proposals of Ethnographic Films/ Documentaries/Photographs (with synopsis) that are of interest to anthropology for the WAC-2023 Audio-visual Program will be accepted from 7h to 25th July 2023 by completing the online form on the link given below.
The proposals, which address contemporary socio-cultural issues and reflect Anthropological Traditions and knowledge concerning people, social groups, collectivities and historical processes, will be accepted under the Programme.
Audio-visual productions and Photographs with recognized technical quality are eligible for submission.
The proposer/s should provide a suitable title for the proposal, not exceeding 100 characters
- The proposal must indicate the product category, i.e. Ethnographic Film/Documentary/Photography and, in the case of the Videography, the video’s length.
In the case of Videography (Ethnographic Film/Documentary):
The title of the Proposal and a descriptive text (Synopsis) about the Ethnographic Film/Documentary, not exceeding 2000 characters, will have to be provided,
- The format for the screening of the film/Video must be digital.
- For the selection of the Video, it is necessary to indicate in the form the link where the film can be accessed (YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive or others) and the password, if necessary.
- The Films may be in any language; however, if it is in a language other than English, they must have subtitles in English.
- The films selected by the Audio-visual Program Committee must be uploaded by 31st July 2023, failing which the films will be excluded from the program.
- The Audio-visual Program reserves the right to present for public screenings of the selected films and documentaries and to preserve and upload the link to the website as Visual Anthropology documentation at no additional cost.
- Presentations must include oral discussion/presentations before the film screening, followed by a question-answer session.
- In the case of Photography:
- A descriptive text of the Photographic exhibition, not exceeding 2000 characters, will have to be provided, and a Text File with Photo captions not exceeding 100 characters for each Photograph should be uploaded
- High-resolution photographs of 300 dpi or more, not exceeding 15, should be made available through the email Id: [email protected] (Photographs under the proposal, not exceeding 15, should be uploaded in a single file in pdf file format before submitting int the online form)
- Selected photographs must be printed in high resolution on photo paper, mounted and laminated in 6mm forex board or similar material (up to 10 images, maximum size of prints: 16×20 inch to 24 x 36 inch) and delivered to the Photographic Exhibition Committee, WAC2023, KISS, Bhubaneshwar, by post so that to reach not later than 5 August 2023 or communicated to the Organisers latest by 5 August 2023, that it would be delivered personally latest by 8 a.m. on the first day of the Congress, failing which the photographs will be excluded from the Exhibition.
- There will be academic sessions during the Programme.